Thursday, August 31, 2017

"Weekend" Trip Day One

A "weekend" in the food industry does not necessarily consist of Saturday and Sunday when in reference to time off. In fact, a weekend rarely falls on the busy days of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Rather a weekend is whenever you have two to three consecutive days off. Often you don't even get weekends, just two separated days off or not enough days off at all! For me, this past Sunday, Monday, Tuesday served as a weekend and were the first days off (aside from one random day off) in almost three weeks. Therefore, I treated myself to a mini weekend getaway. Here are some highlights from my trip.

On Sunday morning, after working until closing the night before, I woke up super early to travel to the airport and catch my flight out. I landed fairly early in the day, leaving the entire day for me to explore. The only food related event of the day (aside from eating tacos for dinner) was going out to lunch!

I went to a Sushi place for lunch where I had my first experience of ordering from an electronic tablet at the table instead of from a server. This was super convenient at a place like this, as it is basically an all-you-can-eat buffet but instead of a buffet line, the food comes from the kitchen quickly in small dishes. You choose options from a variety of sushi rolls, meat dishes, fried items, dumplings, vegetables, and more. 

I had some sweet potato sushi, radish sushi, deep-fried tofu, pork dumpling, edamame, sesame chicken, deep-fried chicken, avocado rice pizza, and a few others. I'll admit I really struggles to use chopsticks for all this though. 

And for dessert a selection of ice creams: red bean, green tea, mango, chocolate, and vanilla.

No comments: