Saturday, October 31, 2015

Hummus Tofu Pasta

Happy Halloween! Today I am sharing an easy recipe because I happened to use a cute Halloween coloring as a prop.
This is a really easy recipe I came up with just using leftovers. I realized I had plenty of pasta, but I didn't really have any sauce ingredients, or so I thought. But I managed to make something out of basically nothing again.
I cooked some multigrain fusili pasta. Meanwhile, I seared some tofu cubes in a little oil until crisp. Then I mixed together a little leftover hummus and red pepper dip I had, added some garlic powder, onion salt, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, olive oil, and milk. I heated this up and tossed it into the pasta, then tossed in the tofu. It worked. It was a flavorful sauce enough to coat the pasta and made a quick weeknight meal. Just round out the meal with some vegetables and dessert of course. 

No comments: