Friday, July 25, 2014

Best Chocolate Cake Of My Life

Last year I posted a picture and description of what I entitled "Le Meilleur Gâteau au Chocolat de Ma Vie" while I was away on my French trip, which means "The Best Chocolate Cake of My Life". (To see this post, click {here}). Well, I might need a side-by-side comparison to confirm (I wish), but I am pretty sure this slice of chocolate cake was actually better than the first best chocolate cake of my life. It must be, because this chocolate cake was served in the café at a chocolate museum. Actually, now that I think of it, the other cake was served down the street from a chocolate museum, but this chocolate museum was much larger and much more impressive. 

This chocolate cake consists of a very thin layer of shortbread crust, a layer of a fine-crumbed chocolate cake, a layer of chocolate mousse, another cake layer, a layer of cream, another cake layer, frosted with more chocolate mousse, and decorated with swirls of different types of chocolate mousse on top. Every bite of this cake was shear heaven. It was incredibly chocolaty, yet light due to the mousse, and not too rich that I had trouble finishing it (although that is a rare occasion anyways). It was beautifully presented and had a rich and satiny texture. My mouth is watering just looking at the picture again. 

2 comments:

Three-fifths joy said...

I will stand by your precious `best chocolate cake` because it was th chocolate cake we shared together haha

Mom said...

Oh, this does look even better than the one from last year!