Saturday, July 05, 2014

Manicotti Filling

What's this? It is the leftover filling from these {Vegetable Cheese Stuffed Manicotti}. Although we had cooked extra noodles than called for in the recipe, we still had some leftover filling remaining. So instead of wasting it we put it into a ramekin and baked it alongside the manicotti as well. There was raw egg in the mixture, so it did require cooking. It was baked for the same amount of time as the manicotti. This mixture contained chopped vegetables, cottage and mozzarella cheese, egg, and sauce. I ate the leftover filling once all the manicotti was gone. I just ate it as is, though I easily could have cooked up some more pasta (any shape really) and enjoyed it with that, or on bread, or on rice. It's strange, but I actually enjoyed it more than the manicotti. I guess the filling was the best part of the dish, so eating a dish full of filling was even better. I just like to post these little things to remind you never to waste anything that is perfectly edible, and sometimes it will turn out better than expected. Everything salvageable can always be re-purposed! 

No comments: