Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Fried Egg

Can you tell it is my last day of pre-scheduled posts, and that I will be returning tomorrow? Here's something I decided to try for breakfast one day - a fried egg. I typically have an egg for breakfast once or twice a week, but I usually stick to hard-boiled, or poached or scrambled in the microwave. One day I was in the mood for a little something different. I melted a little coconut oil in a small frying pan (coconut oil is delicious and very versatile if you have not tried it yet). Then I just cracked in an egg and watched it cook. Now I am the type of person that likes my eggs well done - as in fully cooked and not running for fear of food poisoning. I am not totally paranoid, just cautious. So I don't enjoy sunny side up or soft boiled eggs, and when I fried my egg, I fried it until it was thoroughly cooked. Obviously this picture was taken before it was completely done. I must admit though, I have begun to develop a taste for yolks that are slightly underdone. Not the kind of yolk that oozes out and runs all over the plate, but the kind that are soft with a little give, the kind that are still slightly golden yellow and not totally pale yellow. Sometimes my eggs turn out like this when I poach them in the microwave, even though I cook them for the exact same amount of time each time. I can never tell if the yolk will be soft or not, but when it is, it soaks into the bread and is actually quite delicious. next thing you know, I'll be enjoying rare steaks as well. (don't count on it).

No comments: