Sunday, July 27, 2014

Chewy Grain Machine Bread

I thought I would take a little break from my trip posts to feature something I have made. The first thing I have baked since my return was, of course, bread. I ran out of my stock of bread for sandwiches! This is a simple machine bread that is foolproof and really quite tasty.

Chewy Grain Machine Bread
1 cup milk
2/3 cup water
2 Tablespoons oil
2 Tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup grains of choice or cereal mix (one single grain such as oats or flax, or a combination will both work)
3 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)

Place all ingredients in bread machine pan in order given, or according to manufacturer's instructions for whole wheat cycle. This makes one large loaf, although size setting will depend on machine. 

No comments: