Friday, March 28, 2014

Gingerbread Overnight Oatmeal

Well, the Christmas season may have come and gone, but winter, and unfortunately the snow, is still sticking around. So I still love having a warm hearty bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. I also love gingerbread, and recreated the flavors in this bowl of oatmeal. It really does remind me of gingerbread - whether it is a loaf or a cookie, the unmistakable flavors of ginger, molasses, raisins, and spice bring me back to memories of the Christmas season.

Gingerbread Overnight Oatmeal
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed
1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves
1 Tablespoon molasses
2 Tablespoons raisins
1/2 cup milk
Place all ingredients in a bowl or jar, mix well, cover and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, eat as is or heat it up. Makes one simple pre-prepared breakfast with lots of coconut flavor! For similar ideas, type "overnight oatmeal" in my blog's searchbar at the top. 

No comments: