Saturday, March 08, 2014

Rustic Bread Machine Brown Bread

Another bread machine recipe. This recipe has a standard healthy mix of whole grains, but they could be switched up a bit. It is a pretty forgiving recipe - I had it in the bread machine for awhile and I was wondering why the machine hadn't beeped to tell me to remove the kneading paddle. Then I realized I had accidentally unplugged the machine instead of the other appliance I had meant to unplug. It had been unplugged for awhile, so the machine could not resume it's cycle. But since it had sat so long, the bread was well risen. I removed the paddle and baked it, and it still rose very well and turned out just fine! It's funny because I thought I had double checked to ensure I was unplugging the correct machine. Oh well, another lesson learned, and thankfully nothing wasted. 

Rustic Bread Machine Brown Bread
1 cup warm water
1 large egg, beaten
2 Tablespoons softened butter
2 Tablespoons molasses
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
1/3 cup oat bran
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon yeast
Place all ingredients in bread machine pan in order given, or according to manufacturer's instructions for whole wheat cycle. This makes one large loaf, although size setting will depend on machine. 

No comments: