Saturday, March 15, 2014

Mini Chocolate Cookie Dough Pi Pies

It's pi day. You take some leftover (egg-free) cookie dough from the fridge and search for inspiration. One package of milk chocolate is all that is needed to complete these miniature pies or tartlets. I simply melted some milk chocolate and used a pastry brush to "paint" mini paper muffin cup liners. I chilled them and once hardened, peeled off the paper. Then I used a miniature ice cream scoop to place uniformly-shaped balls of cookie dough into the pie shells. I then used some additional melted milk chocolate to pipe pi symbols on top. Sweet and simple. The cookis dough is something I had leftover in the fridge that I wanted to creatively repurpose. I also wanted to make pies for pi day so I put two and two together and came up with this simple confection. I will feature the cookie dough soon, and explain more about that and what its original purpose was. 

No comments: