Thursday, June 27, 2013

Oreo Peanut Butter Brownie Cups

If you really like oreo cookies, peanut butter, and brownies, then you will certainly love this chocolaty combination! Not exactly my favorite combination, though oreo cookies are one of the few store-bought cookies I actually enjoy (maybe because it is hard to replicate them at home). However, my friend really likes these three foods, so I made these especially for her. I saw the idea online. They are quite quick and easy to make, especially if you use a brownie mix (which I certainly didn't). I just whipped up a batch of my master brownie recipe, which normally makes an 8x8 inch square pan full (see Brownies: Master Recipe). 
There isn't really an official recipe for this, but here are the steps:
Spread a layer of peanut butter on the top of twenty four oreos (chocolate creme-filled sandwich cookies). 
Place two oreos together, peanut butter sides facing up. 
Place these twelve stacks in twelve muffin cups lined with paper liners.
Prepare a brownie mix (enough for an 8x8 inch pan) and spoon a layer into each muffin cups.
Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes. 
Makes 12 chocoalty, peanut buttery brownie cups chock full of oreo goodness!

No comments: