Monday, June 24, 2013

Mock Baked Potatoes

The other day as a quick side dish to go with supper I made mock baked potatoes. I'll admit, I was too lazy to peel and cut the potatoes. I wanted something a little different than just boiled or mashed potatoes. And I didn't want to have the oven on for an hour just to bake three potatoes. So I made mock baked potatoes, which are cooked in the microwave. It is really easy, and doesn't take long at all. All I did was wrap three medium-sized potatoes that had been pricked on all sides with a fork in paper towel, to absorb the moisture. I placed them on a small plate, and microwaved them for five minutes on high, flipped them, and microwaved five minutes more. It only took ten minutes to fully cook them! Then I let them sit for five minutes or so, to finish cooking on the inside. I split them in half, and topped them as desired.

The two top halves are: plain Greek yogurt, paprika, wheat germ, and mozzarella cheese.
The four bottom halves are: butter, garlic powder, dry bread crumbs, and marble cheese. 

No comments: