Monday, June 03, 2013

My Angel Food Birthday Cake

Tomorrow is my birthday. Again, I was not allowed to make my own cake (though I may make one for myself yet). My parents are making my birthday cake for me. I decided to be fairly easy with my criteria this year, and I am even letting them use a cake mix. The only reason for that is I asked for an angel food cake, and I actually think it is better to use a mix rather than having to separate twelve eggs and worrying about what to do with all those yolks. Also my mother seems to like cake mixes, and I thought it would be easier for her. Along with an angel food cake, I asked that my cake simply incorporate chocolate, and some sort of fruit. It could be either in the batter, or on top, it doesn't matter. Other than that, my parents can go to town! I am assuming they already know what I like and what I don't like, and I trust that they will create something pretty and delicious.
The cake is already baked, though there was a bit of trouble with loosening it from the pan. I actually ended up doing that myself, and I got to eat the crumbs from the bottom of the pan. So I am assuming it will be decorated while I am away tomorrow, and hopefully there will be no more troubles!

No comments: