Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Lunch In Town

My lunch
Today was another day off for me. I had some business to take care of in town, and luckily the cheap bus was running today. I also had enough time to go to lunch with my boyfriend, at a café known for serving homemade, nutritious fare. We also stopped to take a look at the bakery, cappuccino bar, supermarket, and mall. Other than that, I just took it easy today.


Vegetarian Breakfast
            At the café, I had a five onion and cheese potato pie, a bean patty with spicy chili sauce, and beet salad. He had a vegetarian full breakfast – sautéed mushrooms, grilled tomato, scrambled eggs, baked beans, hashbrown, and white toast. All was good, service was friendly and fast, and food was hot. It was tasty, but not as impressive as I had been expecting. The lunch menu had not started yet, but today I saw it featured items such as lasagna, chicken cordon bleu, vegetarian burgers, soup of the day, potatoes, and vegetables. There is a deli counter with salads, quiches, and such, and plenty of home baked goods as well – scones, breads, and pastries. I would go back there and see what lunch has to offer. 

No comments: