Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Lazy Day Off

Today, after working a hard, busy, crazy, long eight days in a row in a new setting, I was very thankful for a day off. I didn’t have much planned for today – just catching up on sleep, rest, and giving my sore muscles a much-needed stretching. I had been planning to go for a wander around as usual, but the weather didn’t cooperate, so I decided to stay home and do yoga instead.
I did accomplish a few chores I needed to do – some work-related errands, laundry, organizing photos and journals, etc. Other than that, I skyped to catch up with some loved ones and took it easy. 
Stack of French crêpes
A food related thought? One of my roommates, who is leaving soon, decided to make crêpes tonight to bring to her coworkers. We have limited kitchen equipment in our staff accommodations, and no big spoons or whisks, so she had to use a fork to mix all the batter, which was tiring but eventually worked and made a lump-free batter. Then only one of our pans was level enough to use, and our stove really didn’t heat up hot enough or fast enough. But despite these troubles, she made really good crêpes and let me have two. They all turned out quite nicely in the end, and all I was missing was some Nutella or classic old maple syrup.

No comments: