Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Pizza Particulars

Another day off already, and I spent it relaxing. In the afternoon, we went for a walk through the wetlands, forest, up to the Old Gothic Lodge, and down the country road. Then chilling out and watching a movie. Today I will talk about supper.
First time eat-in
I have mentioned the wood oven pizza place in town before. I ate there twice with my parents and my boyfriend and I have ordered pizzas from there several times now. Every time, we get the twelve inch Vegetarian Heaven pizza, as he is a vegetarian and there are only so many options, this one by far being the best. Every time we have gotten the pizza, it has been slightly different each time. Not that we are complaining, every time it has been tasty and full of vegetables. Just different. As someone who is studying culinary and working in several food establishments, I am beginning to learn that consistency is very important. Especially when you have a set menu that feeds regular customers – dishes need to be presented in the same way every time. The seafood platter in the bar must have the seafood in the same order every time. 
First time take-out
The first vegetarian pizza I had with my parents appeared to have contained every vegetable stated on the menu – sliced red onions, mixed green and red bell peppers, sweetcorn, mushrooms, black olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and mixed herbs, as well as mozzarella cheese and rich tomato sauce. The first pizza we ordered was good, but not quite as crispy with lots of sauce. The second one was greasier. The next one was really good. And the last one was the first time we had gotten the sweetcorn on it.

No comments: