Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Microwave Poached Egg

I have discovered a great trick! I regularly enjoy a hard-boiled egg for breakfast. But sometimes I am in the mood for an egg in the morning, and I have forgotten to cook one the night before. I have previously cracked an egg into a bowl and microwaved it, but it kind of makes some weird popping noises in the microwave and makes the bowl really difficult to clean. Then I recently realized I could "poach" an egg in the microwave. It's really quick, easy, tasty, and not as messy. And it really seems like a poached egg. After cooking, simple serve the egg on whatever bread you would like and add your favorite toppings, seasonings, and garnishes. 

To poach: Place three tablespoons of water in a small bowl. Crack an egg into the water, and pierce both the yolk and the white a few times. Cover the bowl with waxed paper and microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 90 seconds. That's it!

No comments: