Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pumpkin Scone

It's no secret I love to bake for others. But I also love it when others decide to bring me a treat too! I always appreciate when my friends decide to return the favor and bake something for me. Or maybe they are baking for their family and themselves, but think of me and decide to bring me a taste! Recently I was brought a pumpkin scone - the perfect thing considering the season. Though I don't share every gift on this blog, I feel the need to share this one because it was so delicious! The scone had a tasty pumpkin spice flavor, but not too spicy. The scone was also very moist, and not the least dry, which is difficult to achieve in a scone considering they are made from basically a biscuit dough. However, the icing on the cake (so to speak) was indeed the glaze on top. It was a simple glaze I am sure, but it provided almost a caramelized flavor, gave the scone a bit more sweetness, and added another layer of flavor and moistness. All together very yummy.

No comments: