Thursday, October 31, 2013

Cake Jack-o-Lantern

Happy Halloween! This is the jack-o-lantern I carved for this year. Of course I had to keep with the theme of the past few years, and the fact that I am a foodie, and carve something food-related. Not a scary face, or a cute design, but something that really suits me. This year it is a cake. Basically I carved two round cake layers, a top layer with a squiggly border, and four cherries on top. Though the cherries may also be interpreted as lumpy candles. However, if they are assumed to be cherries, you could say my cake is a Black Forest Cake! Ha, bet you though I would never mention Black Forest Cake again, considering how many times I have already featured it in my posts. Well, you were wrong. It is evident that my carving skills are not as great as my baking skills, but this occasion only comes around once a year, and it is fun to celebrate it. Last year I made an ice cream cone jack-o-lantern check it out here) and two years ago I made a cupcake jack-o-lantern (check it out here). 

No comments: