Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Change of Scenery

Well, I am off on yet another culinary adventure. Those of you who know me well know exactly where I am headed and why, and are beyond excited for me. For those of you who don't know me so well, I will share a few details without giving out too much information.

In order to further my culinary experience and skills, I will be completing an internship at a reputable estate in a foreign country. I will be cooking at a castle, and that is no joke! I will be an intern cook at the estate's dining establishments, gaining experience in a fine dining restaurant, a bar, breakfast cookery, afternoon tea ceremonies, as well as weddings and special events. So I will gain lots of experience in an array of different areas.

I am beyond excited as well as a little nervous. I just landed in my destination country, and will be heading to the estate soon. My plan for this blog for the next four and a half months is to turn it into more of a journal. I will be documenting the events of my day, everyday - what I have learned, tried, experienced, tasted, etc. You will see some of my emotions come out, and even on my 'days off' (does such a thing exist for an intern cook??), I am sure I will never be sitting around twiddling my thumbs and will find some food-related experience to blog about.

So for the next little while, my blog may not contain as many recipes, but I will try to keep it interesting with lots of photos of not just dishes I have created or ate, but also scenery and other interesting encounters. 

I will choose an appropriate title to accompany each day’s post, instead of just writing the date.

No comments: