Friday, May 01, 2015

Olive Cheese Focaccia

Olive Cheese Focaccia
1 flatbread or prepared pizza crust or round of focaccia
hummus of choice
cheeses of choice, cubed or shaved. I used two different varieties of hard cheese
sliced black olives

Spread the bread with the hummus, then top with the olives and cheese. Bake at 425F for about 20 minutes until hot, crisp, and cheese is melted. 
I will not call this a pizza, though it is similar. Rather I call it a flatbread because it doesn't use the typical pizza sauce and myriad of toppings and ooey gooey cheese. This is an artisan flatbread that makes a nice quick lunch. Of course it could be topped with whatever, this is hardly even a recipe. I just used what I had on hand. Try spreading it with pesto or guacamole, and topping with sautéed or grilled vegetables, or meats, and different cheeses. 

No comments: