Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day Flower Cake

Happy Mother's Day to all the amazing mothers out there! Today I made a simple Mother's Day cake and cupcake creation. It is made to look like a flower. Just use any cake recipe you would like (the two layer size) and bake it in one nine inch round pan and twelve cupcakes. Then decorate as a flower - choose two bright spring colors and use one to frost the cake - the center of the flower. Then use the other to pipe swirls on the cupcakes for the petals. If the cake is for a special occasion, add an inscription on the cake in the center. It's a really simple cake design but one that looks really cute. It is also easy to serve - give everyone a cupcake then cut the center cake into wedges. I used a vanilla cake and vanilla frosting in purple and yellow.
Unfortunately, this is the first mother's day I am away from my mother and I cannot share this cake with her. But that's why rain checks were invented. 
Happy Mother's Day - especially to my wonderful mother!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Missed you today too. Will take you up on that raincheck when your schedule permits. Beautiful cake made by a beautiful young lady.