Thursday, May 22, 2014

Confirmation Cross Cake

This is a cake order I made for two people celebrating their confirmation. I appropriately made a cross-shaped cake. To do this, I simply baked the cake in a 9x13 inch rectangular pan, then cut some rectangles out to make it into the shape of a cross. 

To decorate this cake, I frosted it completely with my signature white vanilla buttercream. I used an open round tip for the top border and an open star tip for the bottom border. Then I tinted the remaining buttercream green, blue, and pink. I wanted to use blue and pink because the cake is a shared cake for a brother and sister, and I used green as an accent color. I piped on "God Bless David & Breanna" using all three colors. I made some buttercream roses and other flowers in pink and blue, then added some green leaves and accent petals. 
I wanted to keep the decorations relatively simply, as the cross shape already gives the cake some depth. I also used white for the borders, though I usually use colors, to keep it simpler and not too hectic. 

No comments: