Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Banana Nut Overnight Oatmeal

It's been awhile since I have posted any overnight oatmeal recipes. That's because my breakfasts have been a little boring lately since I had my dental surgery - there is no point in posting "recipes" for mashed banana and oat bran, now is there? I am happy to saw I am back to eating "normal" foods, and here is my latest breakfast creation. Nutritious and delicious with the yummy flavors of banana and nuts. Add a dash of honey too if you'd like. 
Banana Nut Overnight Oatmeal
1/2 banana, mashed
1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed
3 Tablespoons chopped walnuts or pecans
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup almond milk

As with all my overnight oatmeal recipes, place all ingredients in a bowl or a jar, mix well, and let sit in the refrigerator overnight to thicken. In the morning, heat in the microwave or enjoy cold.

No comments: