Friday, May 02, 2014

Mini Flower Cake

This is a quick "cupcake" I made using some leftover cake pieces from another cake. It was really quick and simple to put together, but looks quite pretty and I am sure it brightened someone's day. To make this, I attached two triangular pieces of cake with some chocolate ganache, then spread the outside with chocolate ganahce. After chilling the cake and scraping the excess ganache from the (colorful) paper plate, I piped on a simple flower using a swirl tip and blue buttercream. I added a green center, some green polka dots, and a simple blue border. I also piped Happy Birthday on the plate. This just goes to show that you should never throw out any "scrap" cake pieces or a little extra frosting, and how a little cake and a little imagination can go a long way!

No comments: