Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thanks for the Grub Award!

Last night I received an award for my baking. This was a totally unexpected award, and one I appreciate very much. Last night there was a little semi-formal gathering involving my brother and may of his friends, and their teachers and colleagues. Awards were given out to both the teachers and the students, as well as a few other awards to unsuspecting individuals. I actually was not present at the ceremony, but if I had known I was getting an award, I would have went!
My brother's friends presented me with the, "Rub-a-dub-dub, thanks for the grub!" award, as a thank you for the occasions where I have provided them with baked goods. Every time my brother had his friends over, I always ensured there was a fresh baked good for them. These include Mathematical Cupcakes (April 21st, 2012), Calculator Cake (July 10th, 2012), and Sudoku Cookie Puzzle (July 13th, 2012) among others. I have also provided baked goods for some other events they have had, such as Catan Cupcakes (March 22nd, 2013), and Mini Choco Caramel Pi Pies (March 14th, 2013). My most recent contribution to these, in case you hadn't guessed, math-loving students was my second Big Bang Cake (April 2nd, 2013). They seem to really appreciate the baked goods I make, and always seem to gobble them up! I really enjoy baking things for them, and receiving great feedback (and gaining more blog viewers)! I also like the challenge of trying to come up with mostly math-oriented treats.

They also presented my mother with an award, as lately she has been sending in cookies to them, on a weekly basis now, because they really appreciate them and it helps with the stress of work of course. Plus, my mother likes to try new recipes, and besides the tasters in the house, she likes to share and receive other feedback (usually in the form of an empty tin and a thank you note). My mother's award was entitled, "Yummy in the tummy, hip-hip-hip-hooray!" and she was very much surprised and grateful for the award.

So I would like to thank all of those involved for the award, as I really appreciate the thoughtfulness of it, and the creative name. I am really glad you enjoy my baked goods, and I look forward to making more for you all in the near future!

No comments: