Thursday, April 25, 2013

Raving Reviews

I love baking for others. I love sharing my talent, my creations, and my joy of baking with others. Sure, sometimes it gets a bit annoying when you can't pack your baked goods in your lunch and enjoy them without others eyeing them or asking for some, but as annoying as this is, it is also flattering, and often I don't mind sharing (especially if there is something in return). As much as I enjoy baking for myself, I enjoy baking for others. I make many things that my family members acknowledge, but won't touch, such as all my whole grain breads and cereals. I am not sure how others outside of the house would feel about these, as I have never offered, but I have shared all of the recipes on here (they don't sound too bad, right? If you like that kind of thing...). So I bake a lot of things for myself, but most of my sweets are designed to cater to my family or friends or neighbors or other functions. Those s'more bars are a good example, I baked those as a gift for secretary's day. Of course, being a large pan of squares, we got to keep some as well (I have to try them and make sure they are good before I send them off). These squares were greatly appreciated, and i absolutely love hearing comments like, "These are the most delicious squares ever!" And, "If you keep baking like this, you definitely have a future in it!" All of these types of comments inspire me to continue baking, to try more ambitious and fancy recipes, and to continue to share my love of the art with others. Thank you for the praise! And remember, I accept negative feedback as well, it helps me improve.

No comments: