Monday, April 22, 2013

Quickly Decorating Cupcakes

I got a nice surprise today when I found dozens of freshly baked cupcakes just waiting to be decorated along with a batch of fresh icing. This does not happen every day. There were over sixty of them and I ended up decorating a lot of them. I stuck to my simple swirl flower design, which has been featured on my blog a few times before (March 1st, and August 29th, 2012, as well as features on other cakes). I don't have a picture of the ones I did today, so I will attach a photo of the same design I did in the past.
I was slightly limited in resources, with only a small batch of white icing and plastic bags, not real piping bags. I did have a nice variety of tips, and I stuck to my favorite - the open star tip. Tips are a bit more difficult to use with plastic bags and no couplers, but I made do. I only had about a half an hour or so, but I did have help, and all of the tough work was already done for me. I also really appreciated the compliments I received, and the great feedback on my simple, but yet so pretty design idea. This was my largest batch of cupcakes yet, I though forty-eight was a tall order, but this seemed easier as I did not have to make the cupcakes or the icing, and I only used one design and one color. I am becoming better, faster, and less messy with each batch of cupcakes I decorate, which just goes to show practice makes perfect!

No comments: