Sunday, April 07, 2013

Blog Gone International

Lately my blog has been receiving more attention than ever before. I'm not exactly sure why or how it happened, but everyday I am getting more and more pageviews! I know I have gained quite a few viewers through word of mouth, family, friends, and social media sites. My audience has certainly expanded as well; now not only do I have viewers in my country, as well as a few friends and relatives in a select few other countries, but I also have viewers from over ten different countries, covering four different continents. That's pretty impressive considering all my posts are published in only one language, but I suppose English is becoming increasingly popular. Much of my attention has been coming from searches. The most popular searches among my blog posts lately seem to include my Easter posts, my snake cupcakes, my Catan cupcakes, and a few of my breads. My Big Bang Theory cakes seem to be generating quite a bit of attention as well. Overall, the posts with the most pageviews include Figgy Pudding, 40th Anniversary Cake, Calculator Cake, Link Cake, and Owl Cupcakes, among others (I am noticing a cake theme going on here). I also noticed that when entered into a popular search engine, my blog has recently gained a nice little description, "blog about cooking, baking, cake decorating, recipes, and many culinary-related aspects updated daily by a young, ambitious baker." I am not sure who wrote that or how that got there, but I really like that description, and think it is very kind and accurate! 

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of my fellow blog readers, whether you are a casual reader, just happened to stumble upon one useful post, or are a daily reader of my blog - thank you! I appreciate each and every page view. I originally started this blog as a way for me to keep track of all of the recipes I have made, and organize all of my pictures in an easy to find format. I also wanted to share with family and friends who didn't always get to sample every one of my baked goods, or did and wanted the recipe. But now, my blog has certainly expanded into much more than that, and I am so glad others are finding my blog helpful, enjoyable, and entertaining, as that really makes me want to continue blogging and improving on my baking and blogging skills even more. When I know I am sharing with others, I become that much more dedicated. So thank you all! :) 

No comments: