Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Another Big Bang Cake

Remember the Big Bang Theory cake I made for my brother's birthday in February (see February 21st)? Well, after seeing that post on my blog, one of his friends said, "I want a big bang cake!" After hearing this, I asked my brother when her birthday was. He told me March 31st, which happened to be Easter this year. Well, I like excuses to make cake, and she also happens to be a fan of my blog, so I just had to make a cake to surprise her! I was certain she would appreciate it. I did not do the exact same design, but took the same basic ideas.
I began with an eight inch round chocolate cake layer covered with chocolate ganache, just like my Easter cake. Then I piped a take on a shell border around the bottom of the cake in red, and a yellow border around the top that kind of reminded me of the lightning bolt often featured under the phrase "Bazinga". I used a tip I forgot I had, which I think is meant for making leaves, but worked very well for this too. Then I wrote Bazinga! across the middle, using a large open round tip so it would "pop". Using a thin, open tip I wrote Happy Birthday Gabby in red below that. Then above that I piped on some atoms, a famous symbol in the television show. Again, another simple, but nice looking cake, and certainly easier than trying to pipe the characters faces in buttercream, or piping on one of the complicated equations featured on the show. 

No comments: