Monday, April 01, 2013

Bunny Ganache Truffles

These are a few little truffles I whipped up with leftover ganache from yesterday's cake. I tried to shape them into bunnies, which wasn't easy with really soft ganache. The recipe said extra ganache could be chilled and then rolled into truffles. I might have needed to chill it longer, or even put it in the freezer, as it was still really messy. But ganache is rich, chocolaty and smooth, and I hate to waste! To make these bunnies, I rolled small balls, than a tiny ball for the tail. Then I used a pair of scissors to make two small cuts in the head for the ears. Because I had some leftover buttercream, I piped on some eyes and  a nose. Then I placed them on a plate with some candy coated chocolate eggs. I placed them in the fridge to harden before eating. These truffles can be kept in the fridge for at least a week or two, or frozen for longer storage. I think they look a little bit like cats, so I suppose I could make something like this for Halloween too!

No comments: