Saturday, December 01, 2012

Salmon Strips

The other night for supper we had some salmon strips. we got these little packages of salmon strips free when we bought so many fresh salmon portions. We put these packages in the freezer for another time, and finally decided to try them. They are more like gourmet salmon strips used for appetizers, but they are also good in sandwiches, pasta dishes, and salads. We ate them cold with stir-fry and rice. we had two different flavors: maple and cracked black pepper. I thought I would prefer the maple, as I like sweets and I love the flavor of maple, and I am used to having brown sugar on my salmon. The maple was good, however I actually preferred the cracked black pepper. Neither flavor was overwhelmingly strong, but I liked both the flavor and the texture of the cracked black pepper better, as it was a bit firmer. I always find packaged salmon strips too salty, and these were no exception. I think the flavor would still be very good without so much salt. Other than that, they were quite tasty, although I do prefer fresh salmon portions that you can cook yourself and add any flavor you like to it! 
PHOTO CREDIT:"sh1b05_teriyaki_salmon_lg (1)"  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sandra-lee/teriyaki-salmon-strips-recipe/index.html. Food Network, n.d. Thursday, November 29, 2012.

No comments: