Friday, December 07, 2012

Saucepan Brownies

I have been wanting to make these brownies for a while now, and I finally had all of the ingredients to do it! The recipe states this is a good recipe for those days when it is just too hot to even think about turning on the oven. That wasn't the case here, but it did make this brownie recipe really quick and easy. I am certainly glad I finally made these brownies as they are delicious  I think I might even like them better than my master brownie recipe. They are extremely rich and chocolatey, almost more like chocolate fudge. They contain marshmallows, and although I am not  a huge marshmallow fan, the marshmallows kind of just melt into the brownie and add to the richness. These are a must try!
Saucepan Brownies
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup evaporated milk
2 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs 
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 cup icing (confectioner's) sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt

Grease an 8x8 inch (I used 9x9 inch) pan or line with waxed paper or parchment paper.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the chips and milk. Set aside 1/2 cup of mixture. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spread in prepared pan. Top with reserved chocolate mixture. Chill until set.

The measurements of all of these ingredients need not be exact, it won't make much of a difference. Also, if you forget or don't want to bother setting aside some chocolate for the topping, it really doesn't matter too much. These squares are forgiving, and tasty nonetheless!

No comments: