Sunday, December 30, 2012

Best of 2012

Being the second last day of the year, I suppose I should comment on some of my baking accomplishments of 2012. I guess I will divide them into a few different categories (though it is extremely hard to single out a few items from an entire year's worth of baking).
The items I am most proud of are: Minecraft Cake (January 18th), Valentine's Brownie Dessert (February 14th), Flower Cupcakes (March 1st), Pizza Roll Ups (April 26th), Easter Chick Cake (April 8th), Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte (October 6th), Haunted House Cake (October 27th), Owl Cupcakes (November 21st), and X Congratulations Cake (December 3rd).
The items I thought were the most delicious are: Caramel Pie (March 14th), Double Chocolate Brownie Bars (March 23rd), Black Bottom Slice (May 27th), Chocolate Chip Meringue Bars (August 2nd), Date Squares (November 3rd), and Double Chip Brownies (November 9th).
The most difficult items are: Chocolate Overload Cake (July 24th), Cocoa Cola Cake (September 8th), Whole Wheat Bread (November 5th)
It is no coincidence that most of the items I am most proud of are cakes, and most of the items I found the tastiest are chocolate. I must say though, my overall favorite features of the year are not things that I made myself (though I did help with one of them. These things are my two birthday cakes, first the Jungle Birthday Cake I had expected (June 4th), and the Surprise Birthday Cake my parents made for me (June 9th). 

No comments: