Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Half Birthday Cake

Today is my half birthday. Our family usually does not make a big deal of half birthdays, although my brother always seems to ask for a cake. (Really, he will just use any excuse he can find to have some cake). It just so happens that this year we actually have half a cake (or some fraction of a cake anyway) for my half birthday. This is because there are leftovers of the cake I made yesterday for my brother. I was so proud of that cake, I almost hated to see it cut, but it was meant for eating. So I decided to try to leave the ring part of the cake in tact, since that part was the prettiest and most significant. So I did the honors of cutting it first, and insisted that everyone try to cut around the blue border and eat the parts of the cake with the white icing. This also leaves a big square of cake without icing, but luckily I had some leftover icing from decorating, as I always seem to make way too much! I realize that we are going to cut into the middle of the cake soon (maybe in celebration of my half birthday), but at least the ring lasted another day! As you can see, there is a little white left, someone took the top blue border, and the cake is slightly cracked in the middle. Oh well, it will do for a half birthday cake.

No comments: