Thursday, June 02, 2016

Competitions, Competitions, Competitions

Sunday morning I leave for another culinary competition away, where I will compete over two days on Monday and Tuesday. It is a very similar competition to the many others I have done, with kitchen judges and tasting judges and competitors from all different regions. After this, I will not compete again until October. At least, I have no plans to compete again until October. This does have the potential to change, but I think a break from competitions is what I need right now.

Over the past several months, I have discovered that I do love competing. Winning or not, I love the thrill of it, the excitement, enjoyment, planning stages, and being excited and proud of a menu I created. However, competitions also come with their load of stress, time commitment, dedication, expenses, planning, and sacrifices. I don't feel it is a lifestyle meant to be embraced for long periods of time. So I will put competing on the sidelines for a little while and focus more on career. 

No comments: