Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Skills Competition Day Two

Today at the competition could not have gone better for me! Last night I was stressing out over not having enough time to complete all the components on my menu today; but once I got in there I found I was actually ahead of my timeline. Maybe it is because I was already familiar with the kitchen set-up and parstock ingredients, or maybe I was just fueled with energy. I worked clean and got my plates out on time and didn't have much waste. Here are my plates from today:


Cold Appetizer
Terrine of Cornish Hen with Walnuts and Breast Inlay, Tomato and Pesto Jelly Roll, Basil, Mango Foam
Entrée
Lamb Roulade with Dijon Spinach Duxelle and Spiced Roasted Lamb, Rosemary Pommes Duchesse, Butter Poached Carrot Curls, Pickled Celeriac, Blueberry Red Wine Sauce, Crispy Spiced Onions
Dessert
Dark Chocolate Brownie, Salted Caramelized White Chocolate Ganache, Hazelnut Tuile, Macerated Raspberries, Passionfruit Emulsion, Bubble Sugar

No comments: