Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Skills Competition Results

The anxiously awaited results of the national skills competition were revealed today. Of the thirteen regions competing at the skills competition over the past two days, I placed fifth overall. I will always be disappointed with not being a medalist or doing better, but I cannot be too disappointed and I am very proud of myself. I can go over everything in my head and try to find what I did wrong or what I could have done better. But at the end of the day, there were many other amazing competitors and the judges always have a tough decision. I should be very proud of myself for making it to nationals and being able to handle all the stress and pressure of competing. I always say that what matters most is how I feel right after my last plate goes out. And I felt awesome; I got all my plates looking how I wanted with all of my components out on time, and I got excellent feedback on having a very high kitchen mark.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's the spirit, it matters how you felt and if you were happy with what you delivered. And 5th out of 13 is pretty good!Regina