Friday, March 25, 2016

Practice Dessert Plate

I've got several competitions coming up, so I have been doing a lot of practicing lately. Planning menus, testing recipes, making practice plates, doing trial runs, and getting critiques from some awesome taste-testers. Here is a plate I did the other day. It wasn't an officially planned menu or anything, just some components I decided to play around with for fun and also to use up some ingredients I had around.
The components are as follows:

  • White Chocolate Lava Cake with Blueberry White Chocolate Emulsion Center
  • Blueberry White Chocolate Emulsion Sauce
  • Raspberry Ricotta Ice Cream with Dark Chocolate Swirl
  • Nutty Tuile and Tuile Garnish
I've been playing with molten chocolate cakes a lot lately - I prefer dark chocolate, but white chocolate has been lending itself better to other flavors. The blueberry white chocolate emulsion was definitely a delicious hit. 

No comments: