Saturday, March 26, 2016

Easter Lamb Dinner

Today I made a leg of lamb dinner for Easter. I am practicing for an upcoming competition where I have to make an entree featuring leg of lamb, two vegetables, a sauce, a starch, and a garnish (minimum). I am given a limited list of ingredients to work with, which include fresh produce, dairy, herbs, spices, and dry goods. Here is what I came up with yesterday:

  • Spice-Crusted Roasted Leg of Lamb (self-butchered)
  • Blueberry Red Wine Sauce (sauce)
  • Herbed Pommes Duchesse (starch)
  • Butter Poached Carrot Curls (vegetable)
  • Creamed Asparagus (mystery vegetable)
  • Crispy Shallots (Garnish) 
It all turned out quite well and didn't take me too long to do - once I got the lamb meat off the bone. I didn't use recipes for any of it, just techniques I have learned and flavors I know work well together. 

No comments: