Tuesday, March 01, 2016

First Place In Skills Competition

On Saturday, I participated in another culinary competition, much like the one I participated in last month (see http://bexysbakingblog.blogspot.ca/2016/01/first-place-in-cheese-competition.html). This time, my black box ingredients were: one leg of lamb, one two-pound whole trout, four ounces of shredded parmesan cheese, and ten ounces or frozen mango pieces. 

This time, having one competition under my belt, I felt a little more confident. I put many more components on my menu, making it so I really didn't even have two minutes to spare. I also left my menu prepping a little more to the last minute. But I managed to pull it all off in time, despite having a broken oven (and having to run back and forth to an oven a distance away), and only three working burners instead of four. Here is a look at my plates!

No comments: