Thursday, June 25, 2015

Cozy Cottage Stay

Starter of cream of vegetable soup
Dad's chicken dish
Today was a better day, as my visitors finally arrived. I thought about going into work for a breakfast shift in the morning to work in some more time at work before they arrived, but I didn’t know exactly how early they were arriving, or if it would be worth it. And I was quite tired after working eight long days in a row, so I decided to take the day off after all. My visitors arrived around 2:00p.m. We settled into our cottage, then made a trip into town where I took care of another business matter and we went to supper at one of the well-known restaurants in town. Other than that though, we just took the day easy, as my visitors were imaginably very tired and jet-lagged. 



The burger
My penne dish

Here is what we ate at the restaurant…
Me: three-course early bird menu of cream of vegetable soup with wheaten bread, penne pasta with Indian spiced vegetables and tomato and basil cream, and fruit of the forest cheesecake.
Mom: grilled chicken escalope with carrots and parsnips and roasted potatoes.
Dad: pan-fried chicken escalope served on a bacon and basil mash with tobacco onions, red wine jus, and fresh vegetables. 
Brother: beef burger with bacon, cheese, tomato, and crispy onions with onion rings, coleslaw, and garden salad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear they finally arrived safely, have a great time with them!Regina