Sunday, June 07, 2015

Best Lunch Yet

A cute and adorable pony I met today.
Today was a day off for me to rest. I went in for staff lunch, which was very good. It was a nice lunch, plus breakfast leftovers, which was perfect for me since I had just gotten up and this would be my breakfast and lunch. There was fruit salad, greek yogurt, croissants, scones, sausage, black puddings, grilled mushrooms, roasted tomatoes, baked beans, plus roast chicken breast, mashed potatoes, and roasted cauliflower in a cream sauce, and even crème brulée for dessert.

After lunch I had been planning to visit the village chocolate shop. I have been wanting to go since I arrived in town, but it has limited hours, and this was the first day I had off when it would be open. But for some reason, it was closed today. That was a huge disappointment. So I spent the day exploring more of the estate, particularly the forest and farmyard area. I met up with some more horses. It was sunny and warm, and petting horses is a very relaxing activity. Staff supper was burgers, fries, and salad.

No comments: