Saturday, June 06, 2015

Seven Covers

Today was an extremely slow day, but it had been anticipated. The bar was open different we opened, and out of there by 4:00p.m. We closed at 4:00p.m., but really hadn’t had any customers after 3:00p.m., so got all the clean-up done. We only did seven covers over the entire day – mostly sandwiches and fish and chips. And although I was in charge of the dessert station again, zero dessert orders came in.

I made sure the pastry section was well-prepared for tomorrow, which will be a busy Sunday. I made more pear frangipane tarts and chocolate sauce. I cut up a salad mixture. I put away a bread order. I sealed off some chicken. 

At one point I was told to take ten minutes to simply walk around and look in the fridges and freezers to familiarize myself as to where everything was kept. See, I have been trying to do that when I get free time or when someone sends me to a fridge to get something or put something away, but usually I cannot take too long or they get upset. Apparently putting raw meat anywhere aside from the designated raw meat fridge is a strict no-no. I had already familiarized myself with the dry storage area quite well last night when I organized it.
Warm Pear Frangipane Tart with chocolate sauce and vanilla bourbon ice cream.

No comments: