Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Enjoying Myself - Clarification

Today was my first day off in a week – and only one day, not two in a row. I was welcoming a day to sleep in and rest a bit, and accomplish a few things at home. A quiet, and temperamental day weather-wise, I finally got a chance to explore the castle and some more of the grounds, including the lakefront and the boathouse, and the front of the marquee where I have been working at weddings – usually I only get to see it from the backside. 

Anyways, it has been brought to my attention recently, that my blog posts have been seeming negative, or it appears that I am not happy here or not having a good time. I just want to clarify that that is not the case at all. Sure, kitchens can be stressful places to work in, especially when you are new to the kitchen and new to the industry. But I have been enjoying the work so far, and I know once I gain a little more knowledge and skills, and once I am more comfortable in my environment, I will truly seem happy and content, and will be able to thoroughly enjoy myself. That’s just how my personality is though – I am generally a shy and nervous person, especially with new things, but that doesn’t stop me from taking risks and going on adventures. Eventually, I warm up and have fun!
It isn’t always easy being away from home and working long hours, and I have been emphasizing a lot of the hardships on my blog as a means of some sort of constructive criticism I can learn from, or to rise up to my challenges. But from now on, I will be sure to focus on some of the positive as well, as there is so much I just have not bothered to write about.

I love the beauty of the estate, the tranquility of walking down the paths, the peaceful walks to work in the morning, the quaintness of such a small village, the friendly people around here, the proximity to nature, and all the opportunities that await me – boating, horseback riding, travelling, etc. I like where I work, how I get to move among the bar, castle, restaurant, and weddings. I have enjoyed every dish I have had the pleasure of sampling so far. Many of my coworkers are pleasant to work with. I am grateful for this irreplaceable opportunity. Today I was happy with both staff meals – green beans, cherry tomatoes, portabella mushrooms, gratin potatoes, and fruit salad for lunch, and penne with tomato sauce, vegetarian meatballs, and garlic toast for supper. I enjoyed my day off and some time to relax, leisurely explored the castle, and chat with family and friends. I am also looking forward to a new day at work in the bar tomorrow, and what else I may learn.
Exploring the castle - the old bar.

No comments: