Wednesday, September 04, 2013

My Home Fries

Since my grandfather is used to having fries with his liver, whenever he eats it in a restaurant, I decided to try making some fries for him. I wasn't about to take out the deep-fryer, as that is my father's territory. I decided to just make some fries in the oven. Basically I followed the same recipe I use to make homemade hashbrowns here: Hashbrowns.
The only real difference is I cut the potatoes into fry shapes instead of small cubes. This worked really well.
I peeled, rinsed, and sliced the potatoes, then covered them in water and brought them to a boil. I drained them and placed them on a baking sheet with a little oil and a light sprinkle of salt. Then I baked them on the top rack of the oven at 425F for about 25 minutes, flipping every ten minutes. The result was a batch of crispy, tasty fires that are not greasy at all. A healthier choice, but comparable to restaurant fries (and I don't mean fast food style). A great side dish, and easy too!

No comments: