Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween Biscuits

Halloween is on Monday, so I decided to start getting into the spirit with supper tonight. I whipped up a batch of my favorite biscuits and cut them and decorated them with a Halloween theme. I had some ghost shapes with cheddar cheese bits as eyes. I had a few mummies, with mozzarella cheese strips as wrappings and bits of cheddar cheese as eyes. I also had some jack-o-lanterns made with cheddar cheese. These were fun and easy to make! Of course, you can make any Halloween shapes: bats, cats, spiders, witches, use your imagination!
All I did was use a ghost-shaped cookie cutter, and used my hands to make some rounds. I baked the biscuits until just about cooked through, and then put the cheese decorations on. I lowered the oven temperature just a bit, and baked them for a few more minutes. I love these biscuits, they are light, fluffy and rich. A perfect companion to any meal.

No comments: