Thursday, October 06, 2011

Chocolate Cake Roll


Voila! Here it is, the Chocolate Cake Roll I promised. You saw the chocolate cake roll yesterday, which I filled with my signature buttercream icing. Then I glazed it with a very simple chocolate glaze, and decorated with some more buttercream icing. I wanted to keep the flavours in this cake clean and simple, just classic chocolate and vanilla. It turned out very nice, delicious and chocolately, but not too rich and not too sweet. I will include the recipe for the chocolate glaze, because it is very easy and could come in handy for everything from cookies to brownies to cakes to cream puffs.

Simple Chocolate Glaze
1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup chocolate milk

Place the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Heat the milk until boiling, pour over the chocolate and butter and stir until smooth.

No comments: