Tuesday, August 04, 2015

And Yet Another Visitor

pancakes
eggs benedict
Today my brother and his girlfriend, who have been travelling around for the past month, came to visit me. My boyfriend and I met them at the bus station in town, then we headed to the local bakery/café/deli/restaurant for brunch. My brother had a big stack of pancakes with maple syrup, his girlfriend had eggs benedict, and my boyfriend and I shared a vegetarian breakfast plate. We also bought a chocolate fudge cake log to bring home and enjoy later. 
vegetarian
spicy pizza
salad
 Next we headed to the bed and breakfast, freshened up, then I gave them a tour of the estate and the inside of the castle. We walked around a bunch and took photos, and of course caught up on lots of stories. After stopping back at the b&b, we picked out a wine for supper, then headed to my house for a bit and played some cards. I took them to the pizzeria for supper of course. We sat in the front room by the fire. My brother had a smokey barbecue pizza, his girlfriend had a hot and spicy pizza, my boyfriend had the vegetarian heaven pizza, and I had a salad and spicy potato wedges with garlic mayo. For dessert we shared a traybake selection, which is like a few desserts cut into really small pieces, which was just what we needed as we relaxed by the fire and digested our food.

potato wedges and garlic mayo
We headed back to the b&b and were able to skype my parents and brother back home for a bit, then chatted more before heading to bed fairly early, to catch up on some sleep.
chocolate fudge cake

selection of sweets

No comments: