Wednesday, August 05, 2015

And Yet Another Visitor Gone

Hot chocolate stick
This morning the four of us (me, my boyfriend, my brother, and his girlfriend) were treated to a lovely breakfast at the bed and breakfast. My brother and his girlfriend got the full typical breakfast of the region – which includes, two sausages, two pieces of bacon rashers, two slices of potato breads, a portabello mushroom, a grilled tomato, and two eggs of choice. My boyfriend and I helped ourselves to the continental fresh fruit, cereal selection, yogurt, nuts, and milk and juices. We also had a bread basket with toast, homemade wheaten bread, and jams. It was very lovely and very filling. 
At 11:30 we headed to our horseback riding lesson at the equestrian center. It was raining on and off, heavy at times and kind of windy and cool, but we still wanted to ride outside. While we were waiting, we chatted with the receptionist, who was heading on vacation soon to one of the same areas my brother and his girlfriend had just been. The hour long ride through the wetlands and forest was very enjoyable, if not a little wet, but we were mostly covered by trees. Afterwards, we headed to the village chocolate shop, and purchased chocolate sticks to warm up. The b&b owners gladly heated up some milk for us and provided mugs, and we dunked the sticks in and enjoyed the chocolaty treat. 
My supper - dish of the day
Next we headed to the games room on the estate to play pool, ping pong, jumbo connect 4, cards, and the highlight – jumbo jenga. The tower was taller than me and almost came crashing down onto me, and we have a great video of that. Then we headed to an early supper at the bar where I often work. It was very different being on the other side of the kitchen, but very enjoyable, and nice to see how well our dishes come out. I had the dish of the day, which was pan-fried fillet of salmon with seafood risotto and a creamy broth. My brother had the burger and gaufrette potatoes, and his girlfriend and my boyfriend both had the goat’s cheese tart. We were a little rushed at the end, getting my brother and his girlfriend packed and on a taxi to catch the bus, but they caught it and it all worked out in the end, and we all enjoyed our meal.

No comments: