Friday, August 28, 2015

Over The Lake And Through The Forest?

Today I was grateful for a day off after so many long working days, and the fact I was getting a busy Friday off was an added bonus! I had a lot of things I wanted to accomplish today, which included unpacking from my trip, getting caught up on my journals, organizing more photos, sending some mail, cleaning my room, doing yoga, chatting with people back home, doing some research, etc.
View of the castle from the other side of the lake
In the mid-afternoon, between the shower breaks, I decided to go for a long relaxing walk. I chose a path through the forest on the estate that I had noticed before, but never ventured onto. It was nice and calm at first, just a bit too muddy since it had been raining. But then the path seemed to drag on and on, and eventually led me to an unfamiliar location that I doubted many walkers ended up. I turned toward what I thought would lead me back to the lake I started at, but it seemed to be going uphill somewhere else. I could see the lake, problem was now I was unsure which of the three village lakes it was. Eventually I spotted buildings that looked like the village houses, so continued along that path, until I could spot the castle from across the lake. That’s a good sign. Getting back there would prove to be trickier though, since I ended up by a field of cows, a gate, and a sign that said 'beware of the bull'. I wasn’t wearing red, and adrenaline pushed me through and I ended up getting a real nice view of the castle from an angle I had only seen it through in photos. I walked back and felt I had a good hike for the day, then went to the chocolate shop for a treat!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would have needed a good dose of chocolate too if I had seen the bull sign.


Guess who. :)